Burnout

Penta Tonix

17 hours ago, Penta Tonix said:

We've all seen it, Some of us have experienced it.

Curious how you guys deal with burnout specifically in relation to solo roaming?

I gave up on solo roaming years ago. The amount of time it costs vs what you get out of it just wasnt worth it anymore.

Now i mostly just rely on the abyss for getting my solo pvp on. Since thats only once every 2 (or more in case of shit events in between) its hard to burn out.

As for regular burnout, i fuck off to go play other games for a week or two until i start missing eve.

Edited by Joshua Foiritain

I stopped: the kinds of solo roaming (old Pilgrim hunting belt ratters being my favourite, Vagabond being a close second) I used to do didn't really work anymore, and I ceased to have enough time to commit to make it rewarding, even if it retained the rate of return per hour invested. I migrated to piloting principally logistics in small and medium fleets as my favoured playstyle instead, after a brief stint focusing on playing the market, and an even longer stint AFG.

Edited by Captator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Play other games. Engage in other hobbies. It also doesn't help that the longer you play, the less engaging things start to become. Once you've achieved your goals and done the same shit in the game over and over it just eventually loses its "shiny new" feeling. Why grind ISK when you've already got more than you'll ever need? I gave up on solo roaming after they destroyed off grid boosts, probably one of the last best tools that you could use to engage the blob. So part of it is just growing bored of the grind, the other is CCP destroying niche and interesting gameplay styles. It's a sad state of things tbh but at least you can just keep your skill queues going if you want.