PAPI vs Imperium War Prediction thread

ITT predict the future of the nullsec political landscape

I for one have accepted the future where:

• PAPI can't break goons so panfam eventually goes home
  • goons roll over Legacy and reestablish themselves in delve
  • Doesn't matter if legacy re establishes themselves elsewhere in nullsec, legacy/test titan fleet will never recover to what it was at peak
  • bittervet titan owners in panfam stop playing/go afk/stop caring about eve/sell titan and go do other playstyles
  • Goons hold onto their 600+ titan fleet because they're all fukin weird like that and will continue to play eve/stay in goons and keep their titans even if the game goes to absolute shit
  • Frat and panfam won't develop titan numbers to face goons
  • goons can choose to glass any region and no one will contest
  • everyone will say game is dead and complain about goon titans

Good thing goons are fukin lazy and only ever deployed their titans away from delve twice since they first moved there.

19 minutes ago, Tellrim said:

PAPI can't break goons so panfam eventually goes home

Maintaining the current status quo benefits us more then leaving and letting legacy die. We dont actually have anywhere more important to be anyway and theres plenty of content to be had in delve.

My prediction is one of these 2:

• Current status quo is maintained until legacy collapses in delve, panfam goes home, goons retake delve and burn whats left of legacy.
  • Current status quo is maintained until CCP does something that forces panfam to go home (ie drifter invasion 2.0) and everyone returns to their corner to crab for another 2 years.

I'm guessing papi numbers continue to drop off as progress continues to not get made on the invasion.  Imperium keeps poking stuff and killing what doesn't get defended.  Papi members who see the writing on the wall start quietly evacing anything expensive other that subcap stockpiles.  Test probably evac's as far away as possible to try and turtle up with legacy meatshields.  Eventually t5z keep dies sending a whole rack of shit from all the papi who quit to asset safety.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:38 PM, Rich Richman said:

spacer.png

check the timestamp @ tis discord.

read 'em and weep

tbf those were some pretty good predictions

From my perspective, where we're at now is:  papi either make a win or die assault on 1DQ constellation like they should have done months ago and forces a conclusion, or there's a drawn out "we're leaving but not really leaving, we didn't lose because actually what we did counts as winning" phase where increasing numbers of individual quietly leave the war zone to get on with their lives in or out of EVE (which has definitely been a thing for months), then more corps nope out to preserve their existence as viable corps (which we've seen the first publicly already with the OS affair) and then finally alliances start leaving while they still have any active corps.  Which tbh I think is more likely pathway 

Speaking from the inside of the Imperium, I can confirm that morale is sky high, and the expectation is that either we'll get our End Of Days Fight, or there will be a a "first pebble" event that will start the failcascade avalanche.

8 hours ago, Ikki Phoenix said:

The failcascade has already started with the OS/NC. crisis. Now the question is who will be next on the Papi side to get out of the war.

Not sure I would consider us leaving a failscade. EU will always be the largest TZ in NCdot while Shiva is there to bully newer US FCs

I just want this war to end. Its taking up most eve discussion boards and its boring because the end result is going to be nothing changing. Huge alliances and huge coalitions are bad for the game but I doubt we'll see a dissolution into hundreds of smaller empires. Not at this stage, the isk and capital reserves of the few are astronomical and can't be competed with. 

I don't want to make a new thread

Although I kinda went with a difference scenario in my OP post

I CALLED IT BOYS

Last year a bunch of idiots were saying that if PAPI failed and went home that Legacy/TEST would collapse, and I was like "no, they would have put in a clause with the agreement stating that test could come live on panfams couch" and then we'll literally be in a scenario very similar to the 2014 CFC vs N3 stalemate

WELP

today NCdot pulled out which caused the rest of papi to have to pull out as well. TEST is going to drones to be with panfam

Coal20140807.png

We 2014 boys

(just imagine goons controlling the southern bit kinda, and panfam controlling the northern bit kinda)

This is the worst out come for the state of eve IMO

in several months when the dust settles its literally going to be a stalemate like 2014. And if goons seriously try and push Drones they'll just run into the same problems PAPI did and fail

EDIT: In the wise words of Loroseco (posted on a public eve discord)

Loroseco: i mean with any luck papi will win and then start killing each other again

Loroseco: oh here's a horror story for you lmao

Loroseco: imagine what happens to this game if goons win this war

Loroseco: imagine what null will be like if goons beat back papi and put them on the defensive

Loroseco: and declare victory

Loroseco: that is unironically worst case scenario

Edited by Tellrim

Telrim. You point hinges on FRT joining up with goons, that's unlikely to happen, worst case for panfam is FRT reset them which is unlikely to happen in the short term.

You also have a power vacuum in the south east, FIRE is clearly incapable of doing anything and i dont see goons pushing over the regional ridge line between Querious/period basis and taking space

Edited by Lordis Kall

It's going to be a really interesting few months in Eve. The power vacuum in the south, our plans for Delve - and the game is changing drastically over the next 6 months. I predict Test goes north of course. I thought Brave would join Frat for a minute, but it doesn't sound like Dunk wants that right now. I'm curious to see what -7- does, they really carried Brave through Querious in this war and I think they are on a big upswing right now. The rest of Legacy is really nothing and will probably mostly just go and wither away somewhere else in Eve.

3 hours ago, Alice Adraer said:

It's going to be a really interesting few months in Eve. The power vacuum in the south, our plans for Delve - and the game is changing drastically over the next 6 months. I predict Test goes north of course. I thought Brave would join Frat for a minute, but it doesn't sound like Dunk wants that right now. I'm curious to see what -7- does, they really carried Brave through Querious in this war and I think they are on a big upswing right now. The rest of Legacy is really nothing and will probably mostly just go and wither away somewhere else in Eve.

TEST cant go north, frat would unironically push their shit in and panfam & winter are blue so TEST renting space in drones while trying to take space in the north isnt going to go down well.

Really the only place TEST can go is back to their own space or maybe replace the non-panfam stuff that lives in the GW-curse-catch area. Though it would be trivial for goons to come rape them there.

Edited by Joshua Foiritain

Legacy and WinterCo will reset standings of course, while Legacy and PanFam will do a friendly reset, meaning no invasions.

Legacy is horribly vulnerable now and won't be able to hold on to their new space. They should probably evacuate Delve, Fountain, Querious and PB and move back to their previous space. The longer they try to hold on to those regions the move battered they'll be.

Once goons start pushing beyond Catch, PanFam will probably deploy their main sig to the south, mostly for content.

PanFam will cannibalize as much of TEST as they can, especially Horde. The Legacy crabs will join WinterCo. Dunno what Brave will do.

Goons will keep the russians, recking crew etc as a buffer in the east.

Anywho, PanFam and WinterCo are now producing more than enough titans to compete with goons. So that's a definate win for them.

Test is really fucked.😰

Edit: Army of Mango should align themselves with goons, settle down in Fountain and start fighting Frat. They never really participated in the war anywho.

Edited by Sarvijoki
forgot AoM